Thursday, May 27, 2010

Me and My One Track Mind...

Good morning! Sorry for the short break in blogging. The past few days have been very busy! I'm a little ashamed to admit that I wasn't very productive over the long weekend, but I'm getting back into the usual swing of things now.  :)


It's almost 9:00 am and the sun is beginning to break through the morning cloud. It's one of those days that I don't know whether I'd prefer to sew or sow!

Sidetrack: my clematis is blooming like crazy!  This makes me happy.  :)



I've had one thing on my mind lately - labels! I've been busy working in the Wild Sparrow Studio and have several projects awaiting a custom Wild Sparrow tag.

There are tons of great label-making tutorials out there. In fact, there are so many that I'm having a hard time deciding which technique I'd like to use. Patchwork Pottery wrote this widely used tutorial that prints custom designs onto iron-on transfer paper; Sewtakeahike has this tutorial that uses printable fabric sheets; Everything Your Mama Made posted this No-Itch Twill Tape Tags and Clothing Labels tute using hand stamps and iron-on transfer paper; and Lillipops Designs shares this unique tutorial that uses household ingredients to make homemade & non-toxic printable fabric . Wow!!

These are all wonderful, well-written tutorials. I think that I'll definitely have to try out Everything Your Mama Made's twill-tape stamping technique as well as Lillipops Designs' eco-friendly option. (I'd had no idea that you could make your own printable fabric sheets!)

I'd love to hear from you if you've made your own labels! If you have, what technique did you use and how have your results held up through regular use and laundry?

Hmm...I think I have some supply shopping to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! Thank you so much for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails