Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In Adoration of Scented Spring Showers

It's one of those wonderful, fresh coastal days in May.  The air is pregnant with mist and scents of spring.  A warm, soft drizzle welcomes your face to the outdoors; you lean in and inhale the sweet, earthy aroma of azaleas, lilacs and cedar.

A friend of mine once told me that her late middle-eastern husband had been awed by our moisture.  He'd gaze out the window and describe rain as sacred silver threads delivered from heaven.

Similarly, I see our coastal showers as Earth-bound blessings that nourish our soils and souls.  When I see rain, I can't help but envision masses of sweet spring buds and overflows of beautiful emerald lusciousness.  To me, the rains and the bountiful coastal foliage are inseparable.  I am thoroughly enthralled by them both!

6 comments:

  1. U have a way with words that astounds me.. I love that "sacred silver threads." It makes me yearn for a rain shower, so that I might take a minute to appreciate the beauty of something I normally overlook..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leah! I think that I'll always remember saying that, too. It always crosses my mind when it rains.
    I often laugh a little when Vancouverites complain about our weather. It's just too beautiful not to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo! Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the land of blogs....nice to meet you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog, welcome, and keep those gorgeous photos coming!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thank you so much for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails